01 02 03 A Couple of Pounds: My Favorite Flowers & Memorial Day 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Favorite Flowers & Memorial Day

34
I love having fresh flowers around the house. Last summer, I tried to keep them almost constantly. It just makes the room so pretty and lively. I haven't been in the decorating mood at all this year due to pregnancy sickness and sluggishness, but it's finally hit me! I went and bought two of my favorites - Hydrangeas and Peonies - a few days ago. Now the Peonies are my absolute favorite,  but they are so pricey here. I don't know if they are in other parts of the nation, but I guess it's due to the fact that they don't grow so well here (and maybe because they're only in "season" for a short time). But I splurged and bought SIX WHOLE Peonies! Ha! I added a Hydrangea to fill up the vase and they look so pretty. I just threw together some random stuff - some vintage books, a quote on summer in a frame, and a cake stand with a whole bag of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses I found that hadn't even been opened yet. The candy canes really don't go, but the colors do...lol. I put it all on the coffee table with the vase of flowers. It's ok for now, but I'm looking around for something for this table that I really like. Haven't had any luck yet. Here's a few pics...the Peonies haven't completely bloomed yet, so I'm hoping to enjoy them for several days!


Well, I don't want to let the day go by without saying "Happy Memorial Day" to all of those who serve and to those who are Veterans of the US military. Thanks for all you do to keep our freedom and country safe. God bless America! And thanks to my favorite Veteran and two-time Purple Heart recipient, my Dad, Larry Dutton! You sacrificed so much, and are still sacrificing your health for this country. I'm proud to call you Daddy.
And because I can, here's a picture of my dad at his recent retirement party. He retired after 45 years in the funeral business! A balloon artist was there and brought him this hat and walker. It was too cute.


Now off to the parentals home to have a cookout and homemade ice cream! Yum! 

Til the next time,
Kassie

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38