01 02 03 A Couple of Pounds: Our First Anniversary! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Our First Anniversary!

34
First, let me say that my heart goes out to all of the people who lost loved ones and friends ten years ago on this date. What a tragic event that changed our nation. We will never forget. God bless you all....

Next, I want to share that it is Randy's and my first wedding anniversary. I really cannot believe the time has flown so quickly! It truly just seems like yesterday that I was so nervous to walk down that aisle with everyone's eyes on me to pick up a microphone to sing "At Last" to the man I love. But I did it (and kept it a surprise as well)! :)

This post is going to be transparent, and for those who know me, you've heard all this before. But I know there are people out there who read this that don't know me very well, so I'm sharing. Randy and I have had our ups and downs, like any normal couple, but I have to honestly say, the first year has been incredible. If you would have told me just two years ago that I would be where I am today, I probably would have just laughed. Through the years, I dated and "talked" to my share of guys, but none of them ever seemed just right. And to be honest, I never really thought I'd find someone who could look past my issues and be ok with it all. About ten or eleven years ago, I got very sick and after many tests, doctors and a brush with death, I was diagnosed with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. My health has recovered from what it was then, but I'll never feel or be "normal" until God chooses to heal me. Some days are hard. Really hard. And no one really understands. I'd always felt like I had to keep this a secret when I was dating, for fear the guy would give up without getting to know the real me. In fact, I've always been very private about it all anyway. But now it doesn't matter. The only people who matter in my life know and they still love me. Anyway, with Randy, I was up front about it all and it didn't matter to him. I found out that he was mature enough to know that love goes beyond things like this. And he stuck around to get to know ME, and at the young age of 33, I married the man I was meant to be with. :) I don't know why, but God chose Randy for me, and me for him. If you knew Randy's story, you would see it as well. I won't share things here, but he's been through so much. And he STILL has a big, big heart. I'll always believe that God put us together.

Beyond all of that stuff...Randy and I have so much fun together. He treats me like a princess and I feel I've truly gotten the best. He is a wonderful, loving, God-fearing man who is genuine with everyone around him. God has blessed us so much. I love you, Randy. I hope we have fifty more wonderful years together.

Here's a little slideshow I put together with a few pictures from our first year together. The song with the slides is "You Make Me Feel Brand New". It was sung (awesomely by my brother, Lynn and Karen Pursel) during the lighting of our unity candle. Just click on it to watch. :)



P.S. If any of you have never read our engagement story, you can find it here and then read here.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38