01 02 03 A Couple of Pounds: A Night in Dallas 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Night in Dallas

34
Hello, friends! The hubby and I returned last night from staying a night in Dallas for our Anniversary. Things are hectic around here, so the only time we could get away was Thursday and Friday. We stayed at the Hotel Adolphus in downtown Dallas. I love reading about the history of different places. I found that it's a historic building, built in 1912. It was magnificent then, known as the tallest building in Texas until the Magnolia Petroleum Building (now the Magnolia Hotel) was built. Many famous folks have stayed here...including Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, George H.W. Bush, Oscar de la Renta, the Vanderbilts, Donald Trump and U2. We stayed on the top floor and had a beautiful room. The character of the hotel reminded me a little of the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. Only the Waldorf is on a much grander scale. Here's a couple of pics I got from the internet. The only camera I had with me was my phone and it didn't take the greatest pics.



We basically just hung out together and relaxed on Thursday and Friday. We ate at Maggiano's on Thursday evening. Of course it was delish! Especially the Apple Crostada for dessert!

Friday, we ate a late breakfast at Breadwinner's Cafe and Bakery in Uptown Dallas. It's mostly one of those places that only the locals visit. I found it on Yelp on my iphone and we decided to give it a try. Very good!! I'll definitely have to go back there. I loved the atmosphere...very quaint (it's in an old building, of course!), and the food was great.


We tried to do some shopping but neither of us really felt like it (hard to believe, I know). The only purchases I made were candy and a pink knife/tool combination thing from Cabella's for myself! It was my first trip there. Pretty neat place.

We had a nice evening/day away. Anytime is a good time spent with my hubby. :)

Til the next time (and I'll try to write a post that has to do with more than just what restaurants I ate at!),
~kassie

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38