01 02 03 A Couple of Pounds: Just Needs Some Lovin' 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Just Needs Some Lovin'

34
Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a deep passion for music and singing. I sang my first solo in church at the age of 3, went on to participate in choir in junior high school, Acapella and showchoirs in high school. I competed in many vocal competitions, choir competitions and so on. I couldn't wait to join the church choir when I turned 15. I also took piano lessons for nine years (however, I think I should have practiced more!). :) Anyway, I went on to attend Bible College here, and studied music, and travelled with a singing group for a few years. I am now blessed to be the music director at my home church where I grew up.

All that said, I think I am justified in wanting a piano....even though I already have a big, nice keyboard. There's just something about the sound of a real piano. With my love of antiques, I decided to look on Craigslist to see if I could find anything I wanted at a good price. I didn't expect to find what I found. I got this baby for $50.00!! She's in good condition...just needs some lovin'! :) She needs tuning and a set of new pedals and she'll be good to go. However, being ME, I think I'm going to try my hand at painting her. If it flops, I'll just repaint....and if it keeps flopping, well, I've only lost $50.00 and the cost of the paint. I think she's going to be just what I wanted....

The man we purchased the piano from found out I play and am "into" music, so he showed me another piano he had for sale...An antique baby grand Steinway in mint condition. He was selling HER for the low, low price of $26,000. SIGH....I'd like to have a baby grand in my NEXT house (because there's no room here), but it will NEVER be that expensive! Anywho. I'll just be happy with my $50.00 beauty for now. ;)




Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38