01 02 03 A Couple of Pounds: Snow Days! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Snow Days!

34
I absolutely LOVE the snow (possibly because we don't get a whole lot of it). We usually get a little every winter. Last winter we got a blizzard for the first time in my life and it dumped 16 inches on us. Just this week...starting Monday night, we got some ice and snow (not near the 16 inches of last winter, but enough to keep those inside who don't own 4 wheel drive vehicles). Texas is not used to this, so we basically get "crippled" with this kind of weather. I haven't gone to work since Monday and the outings have been few (but they've been there, thanks to Randy's 4wd pickup!). You now know why I had the time to post the loooong Christmas post just before this one and now this is my SECOND post of the day!!! Anyway, this time the snow and freezing temps has been a little frustrating due to the fact that the pipes in our kitchen froze even though we took necessary precautions. Thankfully, the bathroom pipes did not freeze. Anyway, to wash dishes, we've been carting water from the bathroom to the kitchen. Yay. Today they say we have another chance of snow for tonight/tomorrow....we'll see. The temps have been in the teens....actually it was 8 degrees when I woke up this morning, so none of this is melting. But, I say God does this sometimes to slow us down. We live in such a hectic world that never stops running. So, I'm kind of enjoying the slower pace and all the "vegging". However, much more of it and I'm going to become a real couch potatoe. I'll leave you with a couple of pics.....and til the next post, for all of those shut in...stay warm!



The back yard.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38